Mackenzie Creamery’s Baby Buche is a semi-aged goat’s milk cheese, typically ripened for 5 to 10 weeks, getting softer, sharper and more intensely flavored with time and the highlight of this easy to make appetizer.
- 12 ounces Mackenzie Creamery Baby Buche Cheese sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Crackers or slices of crust bread for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Arrange the cheese slices, overlapping slightly, in a round or rectangular oven safe dish. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese bubbles and begins to turn golden.
Remove the cheese from the oven, drizzle with honey and scatter the chopped cranberries, thyme and lemon zest over the top. Serve immediately with crackers or bread.
Makes 12 appetizer servings.
Photo by Jodi Miller