When it’s cold outside, hot soup warms you up so chilled fruit soups make perfect sense in the summer, cooling your body when the sun beats down. Use this soup as a dessert, an appetizer or a really special way to start off breakfast.
- 1 pound fresh peaches peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup yogurt or buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract more or less to taste
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds lightly toasted
- Sprigs of fresh mint
Place the peaches, yogurt, lemon juice and almond extract in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. Divide between chilled soup bowls, garnish with almonds and mint, and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Photo by Jodi Miller