Fat-free yogurt and fat-free mayonnaise cut down on the calories in the dressing.
- 2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 4 large basil leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon additional pepper
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 2 slices cooked turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby or Colby Jack cheese
For the dressing
Note: Dressing may be prepared up to two days ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
For the salad
Place lettuce at the bottom of a bowl and sprinkle the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, turkey, bacon bits, egg and Colby cheese on top. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss lightly.