Sherry and mushrooms add a nice flavor to this recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless steak
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions cut in 1/2 inch slices and separated
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 40 ounces canned sliced mushrooms undrained
- 3 cups cooked rice
Cut steak into thin strips. Brown steak in oil in large skillet. Add onions; sauté until tender. Mix the remaining four ingredients together and pour over the steak and onions. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until steak is tender. Serve over rice.
Our Ohio staff note: If using lean beef, extra oil may be necessary for browning the meat