Try this easy chili recipe on a brisk autumn day. It cooks in only 60 minutes.
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup potatoes chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3 cups instant coffee (regular or decaf)
- 2 cups canned pumpkin or 2 cups prebaked fresh pumpkin
- 3 mushroom flavored veggie burgers thawed and cut in pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves chopped
Bring all ingredients except basil to boil; simmer 60 minutes; add basil in last 5 minutes of cooking.
Photo by Galen Ludwick Harris