This ground beef skillet meal won’t heat up your summertime kitchen.Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef, 93 percent lean or leaner
- 3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
While meat cooks, prepare pasta according to directions on box.
Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper into beef, cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pasta and basil; toss. Sprinkle with cheese.
Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.