- 3 cups canned or frozen cooked corn*
- 3 small ripe tomatoescored and cut into quarters
- 1 small yellow summer squashhalved lengthwise and cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 small zucchinihalved lengthwise and cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 avocadoescut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or chive flowers
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups spicy microgreens
Combine the corn, tomatoes, squash and zucchini. Add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss lightly. Add the avocadoes, basil leaves and chives and toss again. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Divide the microgreens among six chilled salad plates. Top with the corn mixture. Serve immediately.
* When fresh corn is available, substitute six ears of corn. Clean the ears and brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a hot grill until lightly charred. When cool enough to handle, cut the corn off the cob and proceed with the recipe.
Adapted recipe courtesy of Folsom & Pine Farm, Orient, OH
*Sartori brand Merlot Bellavitano is recommended for this recipe. Check with your local cheese monger.
Stay connected with and support great food and farm stories like this by becoming an Our Ohio Supporter. For just $25 a year, you can stay connected with Ohio food and farm stories while supporting local foods and community outreach.