This butter accompanies the Grilled Rib Eye Steak recipe.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- t teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft. Transfer to a small bowl; cool. Place the remaining butter, shallots and remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Stir until well blended. Transfer butter mixture to a sheet of plastic wrap; shape into a log about 2-inches in diameter. Refrigerate until firm, about one hour. Makes ½ cup.
Note: Butter can be made ahead and frozen; freeze unused portions.
This recipe goes well with our Grilled Ribeye Steak.