This dish is great with seasonal Ohio tomatoes.
- 4 medium-size ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup panko or other bread crumbs
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup asiago or Parmesan cheese fresh and grated
- 4 fresh basil leaves minced
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice tomatoes in half along the “equator” and remove seeds. Salt tomatoes lightly and drain, cut-side down on paper towels. Mix together crumbs, garlic, cheese, basil and butter. Spoon mixture into cut side of tomato halves. Bake on a baking sheet for 15 minutes. May then broil the tops to brown.
Photo by Jodi Miller