- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion. chopped
- 5 cups water
- 15 ounces canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 7 ounces canned whole kernal corn, drained
- 4 ounces can chopped green chiles (optional)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 7.5 ounces Hamburger Helper Chili Macaroni Dinner Mix
- cheddar cheese
- sour cream
In a microwave-safe bowl, cook meat and onion on high heat for 5 to 7 minutes until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
Pour meat into slow cooker and add water, beans, tomatoes, corn and chiles. Stir in ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper and contents of macaroni sauce mix. Cook in slow cooker for 4 hours on high.
Add contents of macaroni packet, cover slow cooker and cook for another 30 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
Serve with salsa, cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Submitted by Penny Augustus, South Charleston