A trip to the farmers market during the height of the summer harvest will net you almost all of the ingredients for this refreshing salsa. Enjoy it with salty tortilla chips or as a relish to accompany grilled chicken or fish.
- 2 cups watermelon cut into small dice
- 2 cups cantaloupe cut into small dice
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into small dice
- 1 small sweet onion diced small
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- salt to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Gently toss to combine. Let sit at room temperature for an hour before serving.
Makes 5 cups
Photo by Jodi Miller