Why toss in anything that will get in the way of the genuine flavor of truly fresh salad greens? This salad is called “Simple” for some obvious reasons — it’s simple to make and simply delicious.
- 6 cups assorted greens torn, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic or sherry vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place the greens in a large glass bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar and a pinch of salt. Toss until the leaves are evenly coated. Taste and add more salt, if necessary, and season with pepper. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe adapted from How to Cook Everything, Mark Bittman (1998)
Photo by Jodi Miller