Leftover holiday hams are destined for sandwiches…lots of sandwiches! This one pairs the smoky sweetness of ham with the creamy goodness of Brie cheese. Make “sub-style” for a casual luncheon with friends. This sandwich is equally as good with smoked turkey.
- 1 crusty French baguette (about 24-inches long)
- 8 tablespoons grainy honey mustard
- 4 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 8 ounces smoked ham, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fresh baby arugula
Slice the baguette open lengthwise. Spread the mustard on one half and the preserves on the other half. Layer the ham, cheese and arugula on one side of the bread. Top with the other half. Slice the filled baguette into four 6-inch portions and serve with olives or a dill pickle.
Photo by Jodi Miller