This filling soup is a great way to use leftover Easter ham.Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups green split peas
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 potato, diced
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 pound cooked ham
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Wildman’s Spice Bay Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Wildman’s Spice Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Wildman’s Spice Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Wildman’s Spice Granulated Garlic
Sort, rinse and drain the peas. Do not soak them.
Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium heat and add half of the onions, carrots and celery. Cook until onion is translucent and the other vegetables have begun to soften, 5 to 10 minutes.
Add the liquids and all of the rest of ingredients to the pot. Heat to boiling.
Cover and cook on low until peas are soft, about 45 minutes.