This salad has a nice balance of flavor — from the peppery punch of arugula and radishes to the mild fresh flavors of the greens and the sweet citrus flavor of the marmalade.
- 4 cups arugula
- 4 cups mixed cut greens
- 4 fresh radishes
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- ~~ Vinaigrette Ingredients ~~
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 small shallot
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine the arugula, mixed greens and radishes in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake vigorously until combined. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss until the leaves are coated. Divide the salad between six chilled salad plates and sprinkle sliced almonds over the top. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.