A refreshing summer salad
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar preferably white balasmic
- 2 tablespoons fruit-flavored vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups mixed spring greens washed and dried
- 1 pint fresh strawberries washed, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese or blue cheese
Combine the vinegars in a small bowl. Whisk in the oil in a thin stream until blended. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
Place the greens in a large bowl. Add half the vinaigrette and toss until coated. Divide among chilled salad plates. Place the strawberries in the same bowl and toss with the remaining vinaigrette. Divide among the salad plates, arranging on top of the greens. Top each salad with 2 tablespoons of feta and a grinding of black pepper. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Photo by Jodi Miller