All the flavor of stuffed peppers in a soup.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 28-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 cups cooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
In a large saucepan brown beef; drain off grease. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, green peppers, bouillon cubes, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until peppers are tender. Add cooked rice and heat through.
Photo by Galen Ludwick Harris