Here’s an easy appetizer for your next gathering.
- 1 package refrigerated pizza dough (10 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 4 to 5 plum tomatoes seeded, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Sprinkle a little flour on a large cookie sheet. Press out dough to within 1 inch of the edge. Very lightly oil crust. In a medium bowl combine 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, basil, mayonnaise and garlic. Mix well. Spread mixture over lightly oiled crust. Place thinly sliced tomatoes in a single layer over the mixture. Sprinkle the second cup of mozzarella cheese over the tomato slices. Bake 20 minutes; top will be light brown. Serve warm.
Photo by Galen Ludwick Harris