This classic spread makes for a yummy snack or scrumptious appetizer. From the January/February 2021 Our Ohio magazine.Makes 12 servings
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 1 loaf ciabatta bread, sliced in 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 3 ounces baby arugula
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
In a food processor add arugula, 4 tablespoons oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Pulse until smooth then set aside. Combine tomatoes, ½ teaspoon salt and sugar in a bowl and let stand for 30 minutes, then add 3 tablespoons oil, vinegar and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Toss to combine all ingredients.
In the oven, adjust rack to upper-middle position (6 inches from broiler) and turn broiler on. Place bread on baking sheet and broil until deep golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Flip bread over and broil the other side.
Lightly rub one side of the bread with the cut side of garlic clove and brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Spread arugula pesto on toasted bread. Top with tomatoes and goat cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.