A relatively simple dish with a touch of flair, these boneless turkey breasts are great for a dinner party or an average weeknight meal. No turkey? No problem. Chicken breasts work just as well.Makes 4 cutlets
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ¼ -inch-thick, turkey breast cutlets (about 1¼ lb)
Whisk together vinegar, garlic, red-pepper flakes and ¼ teaspoon salt until salt is dissolved. Add 3 tablespoons oil in a slow stream, whisking until combined well, then whisk in almonds and cilantro.
Prepare grill for cooking with hot charcoal (high heat for gas).
Whisk together coriander, cinnamon, remaining 1 tablespoon oil and remaining ½ teaspoon salt in a shallow bowl. Turn cutlets to coat in spice mixture.
Grill turkey, turning once, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes total. Transfer to a platter. Top with cilantro almond mixture.