- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled (it’s ok to leave some skin on)
- 1 cup Ruffwing plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Peel cucumbers, cut into quarters and remove seeds. Dice. Put them in a colander and cover with a clean dish towel and place something heavy on it to help remove water. Let stand for 30 minutes. Drain well and try to wring out excess water with towel.
Blend cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, dill, vinegar, olive oil and garlic in a food processor or blender until smooth. Stir into yogurt. Salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for at least two hours to allow flavors to marry.
Serve with Lamb Meatballs.
Recipe courtesy Ruffwing Farms.
Photo by Allison McAdams