Hot soups warm you up; chilled soups cool you down, a perfect way to take the heat off on a fall afternoon. The perfect seedless grape variety for this fresh tasting soup is Himrod.
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock or light chicken stock
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 3 cups seedless yellow or green grapes, divided use
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt, divided use
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
Place the stock, cucumber, mint, 2 cups of grapes, ½ cup yogurt, almonds, salt and pepper in a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to a glass bowl.
Chop the remaining grapes. Stir them into the bowl along with the remaining yogurt. Chill for at least 2 hours. Ladle into chilled cups or small soup bowls and garnish with fresh mint.
Makes 6 servings.
Photo by Jodi Miller