Congratulations to the Collegiate Farm Bureau leaders from Ohio State University and Wilmington College.Read More
Young Agricultural Professionals State Committee Chaircouple John and Sarah Bolte said the opportunity to get to know people from across the state better and learning about their involvement in agriculture and Farm Bureau is what they have enjoyed most about their YAP state committee experience so far.
“We are about building relationships. We are all about that. That is our favorite part of being on the committee,” Sarah said. “We all have some sort of passion for agriculture. We hope that we can help other young people like ourselves. We can help them learn from our mistakes and our challenges in starting our own farming operation and we can help them do it better.”
Vice Chaircouple Jonathan and Alyssa Zucker said they believe in Farm Bureau and enjoy being a part of the organization, from local, community involvement to this statewide leadership opportunity.
“I wanted to be on the committee ever since I went to our first YAP Conference,” Jonathan said. “We have enjoyed YAP and the community that comes with it. It is enjoyable to see our friends from college mixed with new people. That is our biggest selling point, the community.”
Ohio Farm Bureau members ages 18-35 who would like to help guide future YAP programming are invited to apply to serve on the 2023-2025 Young Agricultural Professionals State Committee. Applications are due by May 13, 2022 and applicants will be notified of their selection by July 31.
The committee is composed of eight members or couples who suggest, develop and conduct activities that provide opportunities for young couples and singles to become involved in the programs of Ohio Farm Bureau (county, regional and state levels). Members also serve as Young Ag Professionals resource leaders to Farm Bureau and actively recruit and encourage Young Ag Professionals participation in Farm Bureau activities.
Selection is based on Farm Bureau involvement, leadership potential and community service. Committee members serve a two-year term that begins at Ohio Farm Bureau’s annual meeting in December and expires two years later at the Young Ag Professionals Leadership Conference in January. Four new couples or singles are appointed each year. Virtual interviews will occur May 24 between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 34 and not have reached 34th birthday before Dec. 31, 2022.
- Current Ohio Farm Bureau member and active in county Farm Bureau.
- Couples must be a union recognized by the state.
- Past participant in one or more of the following Young Agricultural Professionals activities: an OFBF YAP Leadership Conference or Washington, D.C. Leadership Experience, or a YAP contest.
- From a county not currently represented on the committee (Henry, Seneca, Marion, Hardin, Ashland, Clark, Lorain, and Fayette County members are ineligible this year.)
- Previous committee members are not permitted to apply for a second term.
- Current AgriPOWER Institute participants are not eligible to serve on the committee.
- May not participate in a Young Agricultural Professionals contest while currently serving on the committee.
- May not apply for the Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation board YAP seat during term on the state committee.
Members are expected to be present at all meetings and activities. Below are some of the anticipated committee meetings:
- July 7 and 14, 2022 – New committee member on-boarding
- Sept. 18, 2022- One-day professional development meeting
- Dec. 7-8, 2022- Committee meeting and Ohio Farm Bureau annual meeting
- Jan. 26-28, 2023 – YAP Winter Leadership Experience, Kalahari Resorts
- March 3-6, 2023- American Farm Bureau Young Farmer & Rancher Leadership Conference, Jacksonville, Florida
- March 18-19, 2023- Two-day committee meeting to plan 2024 Winter Leadership Conference and YAP year-long programming.
- June 2023 — Virtual committee meeting.
- August 2023 – Committee retreat
- Sept. 17, 2023 – Fall committee business meeting
- Dec. 6-7, 2023 – Ohio Farm Bureau annual meeting and committee business meeting
- Plus dates in 2024
See the application for more information and all eligibility requirements. Please notify the county Farm Bureau office when application is submitted. Deadline to apply: May 13, 2022.
Through its policies it brings together people in the agricultural community and invests in building vibrant communities that support agriculture.Future employees, leaders
If it wasn't for Farm Bureau, I personally, along with many others, would not have had the opportunity to meet with our representatives face to face in Washington, D.C.Washington, D.C. Leadership Experience
If you have issues with local planning or have legal questions, someone at the Farm Bureau has the answer for you, or they’ll connect you with someone who does.Hansen's Greenhouse
As a member of Farm Bureau, I am glad that this organization takes action when necessary to protect and advance agriculture.Policy Development
Farm Bureau is an incredible organization that has given me countless professional development opportunities in addition to advocating for all sizes and types of farmers.
HB 95 creates a tax credit to assist the next generation of farmers while helping the current generation transition their operations.Read More
Ohio Farm Bureau members ages 18-35 who would like to help guide future YAP programming are invited to apply to serve on the 2023-2025 Young Agricultural Professionals State Committee.Read More
If you work primarily off the farm and are a leader in Farm Bureau and the community, then this contest is for you.Read More
The Outstanding Young Farmer contest is designed to recognize successful young farmers, age 35 or younger, for achievements in the business of farming and leadership in the agricultural community.Read More
Winter Leadership Experience attendees got some education and advice from a panel of more seasoned farmers who offered their advice to those just beginning their ag careers.Read More