We would like to take the time on Tuesdays to introduce you to our trustees! While our trustees are busy with their jobs and families, they still manage to find time to do great work for Farm Bureau and we appreciate all that they continue to do for their respective county! We value these members and their many hours contributed to making Farm Bureau great!
This week we would like to introduce you to Joe Steiner.
Where did you grow up?
- Warren County, Deerfield Turtlecreek Township
How long have you been a Farm Bureau member?
- 38 years
How long have you been a trustee?
- Five years this time; nine years in the early 1990s
What is your agriculture background?
- I was born and raised on a farm.
What is your current job title?
What activities have you participated in with Farm Bureau?
- I have participated in many events in the years as a member. Public policy chair, consumer relations chair, marketing chair and president are some of the titles that I have held. I have also been a part of the American Farm Bureau Farm Policy Advisory Committee since 2017.
What is one interesting fact about yourself?
- I worked 4.5 years as ag administrator for Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections. I helped coordinate and started a $10 million livestock facility and coordinated the production of that facility owning 10,000 acres of farm ground, 700 dairy cows, 2,500 beef cattle, 5,000 herd fed beef cattle and a 10,000 head swine farrowing barn.