Richland County Farm Bureau is looking to hire two Fair ambassadors for the 2019 Richland County Fair. This paid position will require an ambassador to help set up the display Saturday before the fair, work scheduled days of the fair from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m., and help tear down displays and activities. Total hours worked will not be in excess of 70 hours over the nine-day period beginning Aug. 3 and ending Aug. 11. Below is a full description of job duties. All interested applicants shall send a resume to [email protected] no later than July 26. All inquiries can be made to Abra at (419) 512-5551.
- To promote a positive image of Ohio agriculture at the Richland County Fair Farm Bureau Tent and to provide a memorable experience for fairgoers.
- Serve as an ambassador for Ohio agriculture to fair attendees.
- Build relationships with Farm Bureau members and the nonfarming public
- Provide a family friendly attraction that will generate positive conversations about the Richland County Fair
- Ensure Farm Bureau Ohio agriculture policies and goals are well represented in the exhibit
- Must be comfortable talking to the public, answering questions and promoting agriculture
- Engage with the public, share Farm Bureau history & purpose and explain member benefits
- Work closely with county Farm Bureau volunteers to prospect new members and grow all classes of membership
- Answer fair-goers questions and serve as a host
- Collaborate with businesses and organizations who share similar attributes as Farm Bureau
- Present educational demonstrations to fairgoers
- Cooperate with volunteers and other ambassadors to ensure the displays are well-staffed and well-supplied, the area stays clean, and visitors are having a worthwhile and encouraging experience
Minimum educational qualifications:
- High school graduate preferred but not required
Minimum skill qualifications:
- Ability to take initiative and follow through
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Self-motivated and willing to work independently
- Capable of working extended hours
- Broad knowledge of modern agriculture
- Familiar with Farm Bureau
Benefits and compensation:
- Hourly compensation at the rate of $8.55 per hour
- Fair pass if needed for work days
- Relevant work experience and references to add to resumés
All inquiries can be made to Abra Dunn at (419) 512-5551.
All interested applicants shall send a resume to [email protected] no later than July 26.