Ohio Farm Bureau will be hosting five regional cabinet meetings designed to help volunteers understand their roles as county leaders.
The evening will start with dinner, a very brief general session and then volunteers will move to specific training sessions:
• President’s roundtable – A discussion with Adam Sharp, OFBF executive vice president.
• Membership training – Creating and implementing volunteer campaigns, sales training, etc.
• Public Policy – Understand the steps from gathering ideas to constructing good policy and taking action upon such policy.
• Communications – County idea sharing and how to promote county activities to get the best return on investment.
• Strategic Partnerships – How to build relationships that develop into strategic partners.
• New board member training – Instructed by Chip Nelson, OFBF director of leadership.
Regional cabinet meetings run from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and are scheduled for these dates and locations:
• Nov. 4 – Pike County Career Technology Center, Piketon
• Nov. 12 – Maplewood Career Center, Ravenna
• Nov. 14 – Mid-East Career and Technology Centers, Buffalo Campus, Senecaville
• Nov. 19 – Warren County Career Center, Lebanon
• Nov. 21 – West Independence United Methodist Church, Fostoria
Members interested in these regional cabinet meetings should contact their county Farm Bureau.