The Outstanding Young Farmer Contest is designed to help young farmers strengthen their business skills, develop marketing opportunities and receive recognition for their accomplishments. Contestants are judged on the growth of their farm businesses and involvement in Farm Bureau and their community.
Representing the best of Ohio young farmers
The ideal candidate for this award is an individual or couple involved in production agriculture with a majority of his/her net income subject to normal production risks.
- An applicant can be either an individual, a married couple or couple who has similar legal rights under the law applicable to Ohio. Applicant may choose to apply individually, rather than as a couple.
- Applicant must be actively engaged in farming, with the majority of his/her net income coming from production agriculture. Applicant must have at least three years of financial records showing the majority of income came from production agriculture.
- Must be an active/voting member of a county Farm Bureau.
- Must be 18-35 years of age prior to Jan. 31, 2021.
- Previous state winners and current Young Agricultural Professionals State Committee members are ineligible.
- Past and present members of the American Farm Bureau YF&R Committee may not apply.
Top three runners-up receive recognition at the 2020 Ohio Farm Bureau Annual Meeting and a Young Ag Professionals ¼ zip pullover.
State winner will be recognized at the 2020 OFBF Annual Meeting Dec. 10 and will receive travel expenses to compete at the AFBF Annual Convention January 2021 in San Diego.
Applicant Interest Call
Are you interested in applying for the 2020 contest, but aren’t sure exactly what the contest entails? Join Farm Bureau for a one-hour Zoom call with previous year winners and get all your questions answered.
7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Email Kelsey Turner at [email protected] for the Zoom log-in information.
Meet Matt Vodraska, the 2019 Outstanding Young Farmer.