The online planner offers multiple building dimensions, exterior features, paint colors and interior options.Read More
Crawford County Farm Bureau is looking to hire two Fair Ambassadors for the 2021 Crawford County Fair. This paid position will require ambassadors set up the displays, work each day of the fair and help tear down displays and activities. Total hours worked will not be in excess of 40 hours over the period beginning July 19 through July 24. There may be additional hours with display set up and tear down.
- Position summary:
- To promote a positive image of Ohio agriculture at the Crawford County. Fair display and to provide a memorable experience for fair attendees.
- Primary duties:
- Provide a family-friendly attraction that will generate positive conversations about the Crawford County Fair.
- Instill a better understanding of modern agriculture in fair attendees.
- Build relationships with Farm Bureau members and the non-farming public.
- Collaborate with businesses and organizations who share similar attributes as Farm Bureau.
- Present educational demonstrations to fair attendees (lesson plans will be provided).
- Answer fair attendees questions and serve as a display host.
- Cooperate with other interns to ensure the displays are well-staffed and well-supplied, the building stays clean, and visitors are having a worthwhile and encouraging experience.
- Work closely with county Farm Bureau members to carry out the Farm Bureau mission and display goals.
- Minimum educational qualifications:
- High school graduate preferred but not required.
- Minimum skill qualifications:
- Ability to take initiative and follow-through.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Self-motivated and willing to work independently.
- Capable of working extended hours.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Broad knowledge of modern agriculture.
- Familiar with Farm Bureau.
- Benefits and compensation:
- Hourly compensation at the rate of $8.80 per hour.
- Farm Bureau shirts provided.
- Relevant work experience and references to add to résumés.
- Fair pass for each shift.
All inquires can be directed to Abra Dunn at 419-512-5551 or [email protected].
All interested applicants shall send a resume to [email protected] no later than July 1.
Farm Bureau is an incredible organization that has given me countless professional development opportunities in addition to advocating for all sizes and types of farmers.
If it wasn't for Farm Bureau, I personally, along with many others, would not have had the opportunity to meet with our representatives face to face in Washington, D.C.Washington, D.C. Leadership Experience
Through its policies it brings together people in the agricultural community and invests in building vibrant communities that support agriculture.Future employees, leaders
If you have issues with local planning or have legal questions, someone at the Farm Bureau has the answer for you, or they’ll connect you with someone who does.Hansen's Greenhouse
As a member of Farm Bureau, I am glad that this organization takes action when necessary to protect and advance agriculture.Policy Development
The Grand Champion Market Barrow exhibited by Nick Adams from Mercer County sold for a record $66,000.Read More
Ohio Farm Bureau and the Union County Farm Bureau recently filed an amicus brief in a case with potential impacts to farmland preservation programs.Read More
This ‘value first’ approach aims to build membership with programs and services with direct member input and feedback to staff.Read More
A local farmer donated 90 bushels of soft winter wheat as a gift to the Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation.Read More
Landowners should have the right to challenge and make sure that a taking is necessary and that it’s limited to what is actually necessary so that the law is upheld.Read More
Reflecting on the first session of AgriPOWER, I feel excited, inspired, and open.Read More
USDA’s Risk Management Agency is expanding double crop insurance opportunities in nearly 1,500 counties, including 87 of Ohio’s 88 counties, where double cropping is viable.Read More