News & Events
- 2014 Workshop on Ag Terrorism: Threats, Impacts and Challenges Sept. 24-25
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 25
- NE Ohio Farm to School Regional Workshop Sept. 26
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 26
- Your Woods, Water and Wildlife Oct. 2
Conservation Aspects of Hydraulic Fracturing - Aug. 28
Aug. 28, 2013 | 08:00 am - 04:00 pm
Ohio State University South Centers
1862 Shyville Rd.
Piketon, OH 45661
The All Ohio Chapter of the Soil and Water Conservation Society invites you to join them on August 28, 2013 for their Summer Meeting. The topic this year is Conservation Aspects of Hydraulic Fracturing and will include discussions from several perspectives.
Speakers include Eric Romich, an OSU Extension Field Specialist for Energy Development. His focus is in the areas of renewable energy development, energy policy, wind energy, solar energy, and bioenergy resources. He will present An Overview and Summary of Hydraulic Fracturing in Ohio.
Also speaking is Dale Arnold, Director of Energy, Utility, and Local Government Policy at Ohio Farm Bureau Federation. Dale works with Farm Bureau leaders to create energy policy on local, state and national levels. Dale will talk about Landowner Issues.
Other speakers will discuss the oil and Gas industry perspectives.
Additional information and registration can be found in the flyer attached above. Space is limited and the registration deadline is August 21.