Due to changes in Endangered Species information, Enlist One and Enlist Duo cannot be used in 12 Ohio counties.Read More
Intern Position: Allen, Paulding, Putnam, and Van Wert Counties
The position will be located in Putnam County and is a part-time position, 20-25/week.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume no later than April 5, 2019, to Jessica Vandenbroek via e-mail at [email protected] or by U.S. Mail to:
Putnam County Farm Bureau 109 W. Sycamore St Columbus Grove, Ohio 45830
- Coordinate with hosts, speakers, and volunteers for various events and other programs
- Maintain a database of event participants and membership campaign volunteers
- Provide support to county events: fair activities, display pieces, legislative meetings, etc.
- Maintain information and updates associated with funding for Our Ohio and other events
- Assist with the county web pages and social media idea generation, techniques and application
- Assist with county newsletter development, press releases, and other communications
- Support membership marketing and retention strategies, including Nationwide Insurance relations
- Other communications, public policy, and general office support as assigned
- Assist on Membership Campaign and Marketing of Membership Activities
- Assist with Membership calls
- Completed at least one year of undergraduate coursework, majoring in communication, marketing, business or similar, preferably in the agricultural area of study
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: Able to effectively write business communications, speak to various groups, etc.
- Understanding of basic marketing concepts
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and maintain deadlines
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Reliable transportation
- Candidates with knowledge of Ohio Farm Bureau and the agriculture industry preferred
- Residence or available housing within Allen, Paulding, Putnam, and Van Wert County preferred
20-25 hours per week from the beginning of April to September and/or September to April, based on student’s availability, class schedule, and workload desire. Flexible scheduling but work may require specific evenings and weekends.
Competitive hourly wage, mileage reimbursement for personal vehicle use, flexible scheduling.
For further information, questions, or concerns, please contact the Farm Bureau office at (419) 523-5874.
Through its policies it brings together people in the agricultural community and invests in building vibrant communities that support agriculture.Future employees, leaders
As a member of Farm Bureau, I am glad that this organization takes action when necessary to protect and advance agriculture.Policy Development
If you have issues with local planning or have legal questions, someone at the Farm Bureau has the answer for you, or they’ll connect you with someone who does.Hansen's Greenhouse
Farm Bureau is an incredible organization that has given me countless professional development opportunities in addition to advocating for all sizes and types of farmers.
We go to a lot of Farm Bureau events, and there’s a lot of camaraderie built because you’re meeting with people who have similar interests and goals.Event Calendar
Thanks to generous support from Nationwide, the Ag Foundation opened applications for education grants that will empower educators with more accurate information about agriculture. Apply by Feb. 28.Read More
Farmers are gathering in Atlanta, and participating virtually across the country, for the 103rd American Farm Bureau Annual Convention.Read More