What is the requirement? Each year, employers who are participating in Bureau of Workers’ Compensation Group Rating Programs must participate in a basic level of safety training to enhance their workplace safety. (See group rating safety accountability letter.)
How do I meet the safety training requirement? In the Ohio Farm Bureau Workers’ Compensation Group Rating Program, several options are provided to participating employers to meet the requirements as conveniently as possible. Completing one of the options below will ensure that safety training is completed each year.
- Option 1 – Attend a county Farm Bureau sponsored safety event.
Most training events take place in March and April each year.
- Option 2 – Complete Cultivating Safe Farm Operations, an e-Learning program designed to promote a culture of safety in Ohio’s ag community. Completion of three modules in the eLearning program satisfies the annual training requirement.
- Option 3 – Participate in the 2024 Ohio Safety Congress March 6-8.
- Option 4 – Review the Farm Equipment and Rural Road Safety program on YouTube sponsored by Ohio Farm Bureau and Nationwide.
- Option 5 – The BWC’s Division of Safety & Hygiene’s (DSH) Education and Training Services offers a variety of courses addressing industrial safety, construction safety, industrial hygiene, ergonomics, safety management and risk management. All courses are offered on an open-enrollment basis to eligible Ohio businesses. To register for these courses or those that are also available online, visit BWC’s Learning Center or call 800-644-6292.
- Option 6 – At Sedgwick’s safety services division, there is a wide range of training programs available online. The Online Education Center is a powerful, web-based tool that delivers, manages and tracks training through the internet. It enables organizations to efficiently train any number of employees through over 25 self-paced courses. Safety Academy courses provide you with compliance programs to meet OSHA’s core regulatory standards, while equipping you with the tools to reduce occupational incidents and eliminate potential physical hazards. All of these courses can help fulfill the two hour safety training requirement. Visit the Sedgwick website for more information or contact us at 800-825-6755.
How do I report my training for this year? The final step is to let Farm Bureau know you have completed the safety training requirement for this year by completing this tracking form. This form will notify Sedgwick, our Third Party Administrator, and the Ohio Farm Bureau as group rating program sponsor that your safety training is completed for this year.
Safety training needs to be completed by June 30.
Safety Supplies Discount – member employers participating in group rating also qualify for discounts on safety supplies from Grainger.
- Safety: Facility Safety – 10%
- Safety: Footwear – 17%
- Safety: People Safety – 10%
Dan Rapp, Sr. Director Health Services, Ohio Farm Bureau, [email protected]
Kathy Redmond, Client Services Manager, Sedgwick, [email protected]
To view the member-only details of this benefit you will need to log in to your account. If you don't have an online account you can easily create one.
If you are not currently a member, please join the Ohio Farm Bureau.Show me the details