Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented self-starter for a management position in Carroll, Harrison, Jefferson and Tuscarawas counties. The applicant must be willing to reside in the service area. Demonstrated leadership skills, management ability and a bachelor’s degree in an agriculture-related field are required. Three year’s work experience in agriculture or a business setting is preferred. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of a membership organization and be comfortable with public speaking and sales.
Among the primary responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction to County Farm Bureaus for the purpose of improving the strength, effectiveness, and visibility of the organization in pursuit of stated Ohio Farm Bureau and County Farm Bureau goals and programs.
- Achieve membership growth through multiple strategies including an annual volunteer membership campaign, direct sales and strong partnerships.
- Work with county leaders to recruit new volunteers and provide leadership opportunities and training to develop and enhance volunteer leadership skills.
- Develop and enhance relationships with Nationwide, legislators, governmental agencies, agribusiness, local businesses, community groups and other strategic partners
- Assist the county boards to oversee county finances and develop an annual budget aligned to county goals and annual audits.
- Responsible for managing the local Farm Bureau office, including but not limited to personnel, data management, finances and correspondence.
Apply by Oct. 28, 2020.