The American Farm Bureau Federation County Activities of Excellence awards celebrate unique, local, volunteer-driven programs that serve as models of innovation for local program development.Read More
In May, Gallia County fourth graders all met at the fairgrounds for a day of fun and education. They rotated through multiple stations learning about different aspects of agriculture, with presentations from River Valley FFA, Gallia Academy FFA, South Gallia FFA, Gallia Soil & Water Conservation District, Bridgeport Equipment, Ohio State University Extension – Gallia County, Shooting Aces 4-H Club/Gallia Conservation Club, Holzer Health System, Thomas White – Ohio Beekeeping Association, Jamie Graham – United Producers Inc., Ohio Beef Council, and Bodimer Brothers Showpigs.
Prior to the event, the students competed in a drawing contest with the topic being “their representation of agriculture.” The winning drawing was displayed on the front of the free T-shirts sent home with every student on Ag Day! 1st Place: Jaycen Gleason – Hannan Trace Elementary; 2nd Place: – Wesley Bodimer – Green Elementary; Honorable Mention: Gracie Martin – Hannan Trace Elementary and Layne Wright – Vinton Elementary
We would also like to thank the following sponsors for making Ag Day a success:
- Gallia County Farm Bureau
- Ohio Valley Bank
- Foster Sales & Delivery
- Saunders Insurance Agency
- Crown Excavating and Stone Yard
- Taylor Farms
- S & M Tax and Accounting Inc.
- Medical Shoppe
- Duncan Produce
- Gavin Power
- Bridgeport Equipment & Tool
- State Farm Agent Robin Fowler
- Gallia Soil & Water Conservation District
- University of Rio Grande & Rio Grande Community College
- Wiseman Real Estate
- Holzer Health System
- Atomic Credit Union
- The McCoy-Moore Funeral Home, Inc.
- The Wiseman Agency, Inc.
- C.M. Subs, Inc.
- Ohio Valley Electric Corporation
- Angell Bookkeeping and Tax, LLC