Hear from the Commissioners’ office, County Auditor’s office, Sheriff’s office and Midwest Cooperative Feb. 2.Read More
The Auglaize County Farm Bureau wants you! We are hiring a full-time county office associate who specializes in accounting. This position is for immediate hire and offers a rewarding, fast-paced office environment for the individual who likes daily variety in his or her job.
This position will serve the eight county Farm Bureau organizations that share the Wapakoneta office. The position will work in developing, maintaining and executing successful programs and services that meet the needs of members with efficiency and accuracy. Primary duties will include:
- Support company operations by maintaining office equipment, supply inventory, and systems.
- Maintain accurate membership records on all members through the database.
- Maintain accurate financial records. This is currently done using QuickBooks software. All financial accounts must be reconciled in a timely manner.
- Maintain an accurate file system, whether it is done electronically or in hard copy. The filing system will be such that it is easily accessible and organized so that the supervisor and organization directors can utilize it and meet the parameters set forth by the Ohio Farm Bureau.
- During office hours, promote company activities, member services, etc. as directed by the supervisor.
- Work in conjunction with the directors in putting together mailings for the county Farm Bureaus.
- Develop and foster a good working relationship with the company and its affiliates.
- Prepare and attend county financial audits.
- Reach out to members for customer service interactions, including member retention.
- Attend special meetings or conferences that will aid in maintaining and improving the position of office administrator as directed by the supervisor or organization directors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or organization directors.
Job qualifications include a minimum of a high school diploma, with more education or job experience preferred. This person will need to have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of individuals, excellent customer service skills, and proficiency in basic computer skills (Excel and Microsoft). They MUST have experience with Quick Books accounting program. Additionally, the candidate will need strong written and verbal communication skills, be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and maintain deadlines and have great organizational skills.
Are you interested in joining our team? Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] by Nov. 11, 2022.
Labor has always been an issue, mainly because we are a seasonal operation. So that's a challenge finding somebody who only wants to work three months out of a year, sometimes up to six months.Farm Labor Resources
I appreciate the benefit of having a strong voice in my corner. The extras that are included in membership are wonderful, but I'm a member because of the positive impact to my local and state agricultural communities.Strong communities
I see the value and need to be engaged in the community I live in, to be a part of the decision-making process and to volunteer with organizations that help make our community better.Leadership development
Farm Bureau involvement has taught me how to grow my professional and leadership experience outside of the workforce and how to do that in a community-centric way.Young Ag Professionals program
With not growing up on a farm, I’d say I was a late bloomer to agriculture. I feel so fortunate that I found the agriculture industry. There are so many opportunities for growth.Growing our Generation
Knowing that horticulture is under the agriculture umbrella and having Farm Bureau supporting horticulture like it does the rest of ag is very important.Groovy Plants Ranch
If it wasn't for Farm Bureau, I personally, along with many others, would not have had the opportunity to meet with our representatives face to face in Washington.Washington, D.C. Leadership Experience
Jill Smith of Jackson Center has been named senior organization director and member development specialist for Ohio Farm Bureau, serving members in Auglaize, Logan, Mercer and Shelby counties.Read More
The pilot project will use a unique combination of staffing and a structure aimed to build membership with more specialized programs and services.Read More
Crawford County farmer and state trustee Rose Hartschuh shares some tips and insights for working the membership campaign.Read More