Bill Patterson’s election took place during Ohio Farm Bureau’s 105th annual meeting, Dec. 7-8 in Columbus.Read More
The “Rural Connections” project is seeking a dedicated and passionate Rural & Ag Technology Consultant to spearhead a transformative initiative that aims to empower rural communities with digital skills, online security, and access to resources for enhancing their farms, businesses, and overall quality of life.
Funding: This position is funded through a grant, and as a result, it is short-term in nature. The role is part-time, offering flexibility in working hours and the ability to work both in the field and from the comfort of your home. We understand the importance of accommodating different schedules and work preferences while ensuring the successful implementation of our “Rural Connections” project. The position does require occasional nights and weekends.
Location: Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, and Trumbull counties
Company: Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, and Trumbull County Farm Bureaus
The Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, and Trumbull County Farm Bureaus are a grassroots membership organization committed to supporting our farm and food community. We care about helping our members achieve success in agriculture. We are a volunteer, member-powered organization. For more than 100 years, we have represented food, fiber, and fuel producers at a local level and on a national scale. Our members are our top priority, and we are tuned into the top agricultural issues affecting their lives.
This position offers hourly pay, which will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications. Additionally, there are opportunities for wage increases based on performance, dedication, and contributions to the success of the “Rural Connections” project.
Responsible to and supervised by the Organization Director serving Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, and Trumbull County Farm Bureaus
As the Rural and Ag Technology Consultant, you will:
- Collaborate with the Organization Director and local IT professionals to create a comprehensive guide addressing essential digital skills topics for rural communities, including online security, privacy, virtual meetings, cloud-based software, internet services, and more.
- Organize and execute events that provide rural community members with access to resources to improve their farms, businesses, and communities, while ensuring their skills are developed securely.
- Represent our organization at county fairs, annual meetings, and virtual sessions, providing information on resources such as health care, workers’ compensation savings, energy programs, legal risk management, financial and insurance services, and more.
- Facilitate one-on-one consultations with agribusinesses and residents to guide them in accessing online programs and resources that enhance their knowledge and business operations.
- Foster digital access and inclusion by collaborating with partner organizations and government agencies, such as OSU Extension, Soil & Water, USDA, and local libraries, to support farmers and rural residents in adopting technology for improved efficiency and sustainability. Assist in planning and hosting programs focusing on agricultural productivity, precision agriculture, financial planning, marketing, safety, mental health awareness, and other relevant topics.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of rural and agricultural communities, with an understanding of their unique challenges and opportunities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with community members, partner organizations, and local government agencies.
- Proficiency in digital skills and a commitment to teaching others how to use technology safely and effectively.
- Experience in organizing and executing community events and workshops.
- A genuine passion for enhancing the lives of rural residents and contributing to the economic development of the community.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this role. Send your application to [email protected] by Nov. 27, 2023.
Join our team and make a meaningful impact on rural communities by helping them bridge the digital divide, access vital resources, and improve their overall quality of life. We look forward to welcoming a dedicated Rural and Ag Technology Consultant who shares our vision for progress and community betterment
Labor has always been an issue, mainly because we are a seasonal operation. So that's a challenge finding somebody who only wants to work three months out of a year, sometimes up to six months.Farm Labor Resources
I appreciate the benefit of having a strong voice in my corner. The extras that are included in membership are wonderful, but I'm a member because of the positive impact to my local and state agricultural communities.Strong communities
I see the value and need to be engaged in the community I live in, to be a part of the decision-making process and to volunteer with organizations that help make our community better.Leadership development
Farm Bureau involvement has taught me how to grow my professional and leadership experience outside of the workforce and how to do that in a community-centric way.Young Ag Professionals program
With not growing up on a farm, I’d say I was a late bloomer to agriculture. I feel so fortunate that I found the agriculture industry. There are so many opportunities for growth.Growing our Generation
Knowing that horticulture is under the agriculture umbrella and having Farm Bureau supporting horticulture like it does the rest of ag is very important.Groovy Plants Ranch
If it wasn't for Farm Bureau, I personally, along with many others, would not have had the opportunity to meet with our representatives face to face in Washington.Washington, D.C. Leadership Experience
FFA members are not just students; they are the future leaders of the agricultural industry.Read More
Position Overview The “Rural Connections” project is seeking a dedicated and passionate Rural & Ag Technology Consultant to spearhead a…Read More