A few tips for farmers include:
– All APVs not primarily used for farm use should be registered with the state and display a license plate. APV owners who primarily use the vehicle for farm use and qualify for the Current Agricultural Use Valuation program are not required to register or plate their APVs.
– The law includes restrictions on where children under the age of 16 can ride APVs.
– Penalties for trespassing are accelerated when trespassing is committed using an APV.
– While APVs can provide great utility and even fun, drivers should be cautious and take proper safety measures to protect themselves as they ride.
– Even though APVs should generally not be driven on a public roadway, there may be exceptions when such use is allowed, especially in the case of farmers. However, just like for cars, the law requires APVs have certain equipment features.
Get the full brochure
For further explanation of these tips and more information on all purpose vehicle use, Ohio Farm Bureau members can download the full brochure in the attachment above.
Get full brochures on more topics in Ohio Farm Bureau’s Legal Information Series