Join us in supporting the Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation on Giving Tuesday!
Athens-Meigs County Farm Bureau hosted the 20th Annual Athens County Ag Day at
the Athens County Fairgrounds May 18.
The fourth grade students in Athens County came to the fairgrounds for a fun day to
learn about agriculture. The classes rotated through 18 different stations throughout the
day. The kids learned about a wide variety of different things. Thanks to our various
stations for coming to help educate the students.
- Fish with ODNR department of wildlife
- 2 truths and lie- looking at what is on social media as it relates to ag and what is
real and not real and how you can find the truth with the Federal Hocking FFA.
- Bees with the Federal Hocking FFA
- Ag Jeopardy with the Federal Hocking FFA
- 6 machines that can do everything (simple machines) by Federal Hocking FFA
- “The Rotten Truth” (composting) with the Federal Hocking FFA
- Energizing Activity with Ohio Energy Project
- Electrical Safety with AEP Ohio
- Soils as it pertains to water and air movement by Teresa with Athens SWCD
- Wildlife vs the farm by Jacob with the Athens SWCD
- Dairy with the Athens FFA
- Reaction times with Bridget with OSU Extension Athens County
- Farm Petting Zoo with the Alexander FFA
- Beef with the Alexander FFA
- Chainsaw Safety by Stephen with ODNR Department of Forestry
- ATV safety by Ryan with ODNR Division of Wildlife
- Dump Truck with a snow plow by David with Athens County ODOT
- Wildlife Skins and Skulls with David Bright
This year each student was able to take home a drawstring bag with the Ag Day
sponsors listed on the bag. Thank you to our generous sponsors who helped to make
the day possible for all of the students.
Bag Sponsors: Parker Corporation, Baum Lumber, Farm Credit/Rural 1st, The Red
Bird Ranch, Shade River AG, Atomic Credit Union, Holzer, Edward Jones, Ohio Forest
By-Products, Twin Oaks Refrigeration, and Classic Brands.
Gold Sponsors: Farmers Bank and Savings
Silver Sponsors: Meigs SWCD and Buckley Brothers
Bronze Sponsor: Childers Accounting PLLC
The mission of Ohio Farm Bureau is working together for Ohio farmers to advance
agriculture and strengthen our communities.
Labor has always been an issue, mainly because we are a seasonal operation. So that's a challenge finding somebody who only wants to work three months out of a year, sometimes up to six months.Farm Labor Resources
I appreciate the benefit of having a strong voice in my corner. The extras that are included in membership are wonderful, but I'm a member because of the positive impact to my local and state agricultural communities.Strong communities
I see the value and need to be engaged in the community I live in, to be a part of the decision-making process and to volunteer with organizations that help make our community better.Leadership development
Farm Bureau involvement has taught me how to grow my professional and leadership experience outside of the workforce and how to do that in a community-centric way.Young Ag Professionals program
With not growing up on a farm, I’d say I was a late bloomer to agriculture. I feel so fortunate that I found the agriculture industry. There are so many opportunities for growth.Growing our Generation
Knowing that horticulture is under the agriculture umbrella and having Farm Bureau supporting horticulture like it does the rest of ag is very important.Groovy Plants Ranch
If it wasn't for Farm Bureau, I personally, along with many others, would not have had the opportunity to meet with our representatives face to face in Washington.Washington, D.C. Leadership Experience
This year we would like to congratulate the Athens-Meigs Farm Bureaus cholarship recipients Morgan Hamrick from Athens County and Charlotte Hysell from Meigs County.Read More
Athens-Meigs County Farm Bureau hosted the 4th Annual Meigs County Ag Day at the Meigs County Fairgrounds May 12.Read More
Athens-Meigs County Farm Bureau hosted the 20th Annual Athens County Ag Day at the Athens County Fairgrounds May 18.Read More